How To Have A Flippin' Fabulous Pancake Day!
Pancake Day is finally upon us! With more time at home, there has never been a better reason to make the most of this tasty day. Flipping pancakes with the entire family is sure to give everyone a reason to smile – whether it’s in person or over a FaceTime call! The 16th of February marks Shrove Tuesday, which is traditionally a feast day before Ash Wednesday (the beginning of Lent). So, take a day off from your January resolutions diet (if it’s not already a thing of the past…) and indulge in some flippin’ fantastic pancakes!
With our easy-peasy recipe, you can create classic sweet pancakes, or try something new with our scrumptious savoury filling recommendations. Pancakes are a delicious snack to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner (the options are endless!) So you may even discover a new staple recipe to add extra deliciousness to your week!
The ingredients you will need for 8 servings:
- 100g flour (depending on your health preferences, this can be substituted for almond flour for a lower carbohydrate option, or even oat flour for an extra hit of fibre).
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil (plus extra for frying!)
- A generous pinch of salt
The easy-peasy method:
- Carefully sieve the 100g of flour into a large mixing bowl, and then add your pinch of salt.
- With your hands, make a small well in the centre of the flour, and crack inside your two eggs as add your tablespoon of oil as well.
- Pour in a splash of the milk and begin to whisk the mixture together. Once all the flour is mixed in, gently beat the mixture until you have a smooth, thick consistency.
- Gradually loosen up the mixture by pouring in the rest of the milk in a constant steady stream as you still whisk together the mixture.
- Get out your pan and place it over a medium heat with a spritz of low-calorie oil spray or a splash of oil.
- Ladle a modest amount of the mixture into your pan and rotate the pan to move the mixture and create a smooth even layer. Leave to sizzle and turn golden brown for around 30 seconds, and then flip over with a spatula or palette knife. If you’re feeling confident, you can try flipping the pancake with just the frying pan!
- After letting the other side fry up for 30 seconds too, transfer the pancake onto a plate and repeat the process with the entire mixture!
Now for the exciting part; will you go savoury or sweet?
- Ham & cheese pancake wrap
- Smoked salmon & cream cheese pancakes
- Eggs benedict pancakes
- Full English pancake stack
- Garlic mushrooms and cream cheese
- Avocado and bacon
- Nutella & peanut butter
- Berries (think blueberries, raspberries & strawberries!) & cream
- Chocolate chip pancakes
- Nutella & peanut butter
- Peanut butter, banana and honey
- Lemon, butter and sugar
- Lyles Strawberry Dessert Syrup
- Lyles Golden Maple Syrup
If cooking really isn’t your thing, then FabFinds have got you covered. We stock the easiest pancake mixes from Taylor’s Shake and Mix range. These simple mixes take all the extra fuss out of creating pancakes – all you need to do is add water to the bottle and shake it! Perfect if you are feeling overwhelmed with working from home or looking after the kids - and just want a stress-free Pancake Day treat! Discover the delicious flavours of Red Velvet, American Style, or even Salted Caramel to tantalise your taste buds.
How To Achieve The Perfect Tan
With the weather getting warmer, it’s time to defrost your limbs and prepare the tank tops, summer dresses and shorts! If your skin has been in hi...Read More
Sustainable Beauty Tips
With many of us making better life choices with diet, travel and waste to be more eco-friendly, we mustn’t forget that there are also easy changes...Read More
Ethical & Sustainable Cleaning Tips
Ethical & Sustainable Cleaning Tips We all know that our everyday habits could be having a major impact on the environment and animals. No o...Read More